Why Use Outdoor Advertising
1. Last universal advertising media
- Last true broadcast advertising medium
- The most public advertising medium available
- Free to user
- Media fragmentation
2. Target your audience efficiently
- Target a precise audience in a specific city or broad based population
- Efficiently target particular ethnic groups, ages, income or other demographic segments
3. Positioning at point of purchase
- Over 70% of purchase decisions are made in store
- Provide the last hit before the purchase
- Generate extensive awareness near point of purchase
4. Outdoor advertising cannot be ‘turned off’
- Outdoor advertising is ‘on’ 24 hours per day
- Extends the life of your advertising campaign
5. Larger than life
- Big brand feel
- Outdoor advertising compels attention and stimulates recall
- Size builds brand’s stature
6. Consumer pull distributor push
- Visual support to distributors
- Encourages trade retailers’ endorsement and in store exposure
- Ideal for penetrating competitive strongholds
7. Consumers like outdoor advertising
- Sources of information for new products, store locations and event advertising
- Become talking points
- Geo-demographic relevance
8. Access to hard to reach consumers
- Leisure time
- Free to user
- Young people
- Business people
- Lower income areas where other advertisingmedia are not available or accessed
9. Media mix
- Outdoor advertising can be combined with other mediums
- Outdoor advertising increases the reach and frequency of the overall campaign
- Reminds consumers about campaigns in other media
10. Outdoor advertising is reported in other media
- Outdoor is in the public domain
- Outdoor is talked about
- Other media report on exceptional creativity, new campaigns, interesting news about clients, all of which generate valuable extra coverage and exposure
Outdoor advertising is a great way to reach people where they live, work and play.
It is media that is everywhere, and when used with creativity, it creates brand new ad spaces where none existed before — ad spaces that can stop people in their tracks.
With the combination of these traditional and non-traditional media, outdoor offers a palette of media choices that is unequaled. The choices and combinations are limited only by the imagination and they are all available here at EMC Outdoor. Outdoor advertising is all that we do.
Want some numbers?
Most people spend 70% of their time outside the home.
We are a nation on the move, and we spend increasing amounts of time outside the home, and yet a disproportionatly small amount of advertising budgets are spent on outdoor advertising.
Sources: Universal McCann, 2010 Total Media Spending; TVB, Nielsen Media Research Survey 2008, % Hours/Week
Outdoor Advertising is one of the most cost effective media formats.
The CPM for outdoor advertising is historically one of the lowest – second only to radio. What does that mean for advertisers? Reach more people, with less money. Pretty simple right?
Source: OAAA, 2011
Out of home is one of the most memorable media.
Consumers are aware of out of home. As they move through their daily lives they take note of the advertising they see. This graph shows the rate at which consumers reported being exposed to particular media.
Source: Outdoor Media Center, “The Customer Journey”, 2012
Comparing outdoor ads to other advertising options:
Unlike TV, radio or print, outdoor is media that cannot be turned off or put down. Viewers cannot fast forward through an outdoor ad as it moves through their environment or they enter the viewing range of strategically placed displays – like billboards. With TV, radio, print and the Internet, consumers have the ability to change the channel, fast forward, turn the page (or miss the page!) or close the browser window.
Outdoor is possibly the last place where consumers do not control the ad space. This gives advertisers unprecedented control over how and where an ad is seen. Outdoor is GIVING advertisers more control over their ad space through its immunity to the “TiVo effect” and its unprecedented offering of different media options. This at a time when other ad media are offering advertisers less control!
Isn’t outdoor just billboards?
Many people still think of outdoor as just billboards. Well, the hard-working billboard is still going strong but we are here to tell you that outdoor advertising is more than just billboards. Exciting new media that can reach, intrigue and engage your target audience are being introduced continually.
This is your very first post. Click the Edit link to modify or delete it, or start a new post. If you like, use this post to tell readers why you started this blog and what you plan to do with it.